How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has been paying child support for his 19 year old

Customer Question

my husband has been paying child support for his 19 year old but has no proof of him attending. He claims that he is registered in school but will not give his father permission to check his school. He has been kicked out of high school and now he claims he is doing his upgrade in adult basic education to earn his credits. what is the best way to prove he is not going to school. My husband does not mind paying his support if he is going to school.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Newfoundland Canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no because it is so expensive.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If he is registered for adult basic education and not attending full time only, when he feels like going. Does he have to pay child support. His mother is never honest with Childs father.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Are these supposed course something he is supposed to attend in person?

And has the mother not offered proof when requested?