How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just recieved a notice from CRA that i have to pay

Customer Question

i just recieved a notice from CRA that i have to pay 28,835.96 to CRA on behalf of Tax Debtor network search group canada inc
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: its not my company i have never heard of it before in my life. i am on disabliity the tax debtor is network search group canadain and/or eugena madry of huston texas
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i just want to know what i should i do. my husband received the same notice.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

How did you receive this notice?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The notice was delivered by mail. It turns out the company is owned by my landlord who lives in texas. So it is her that owes 28800. We do not owe her any money though we are paid in full and moving oct 31
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did answer you. But its all good i got a hold of cra. If the minister has reason to believe you owe the debtor money they can order you pay that money to cra instead of the debtor. Basically if we were staying we would be required to pay rent to cra instead of landlord.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.


So all is well. Thank goodness and thanks for letting me know.