Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have been on probation at work for almost two years but

Customer Question

I have been on probation at work for almost two years but have been employed for 28 years at this establishment I believe i am going to be fired in two weeks when the CEO is back in two week and another manager accused another employee that she told me that i was going to be fired . The writing is on the wall do I have a legal case for more money if i get a severance
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: BC
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: Full time and no union
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They tried to write me up on a file and send me home for two weeks without pay but when i informed them it was not my file they couldn't send me home and they did nothing to the other employee that handled the file
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.
I am sorry to hear this.Why do you think they're doing this after all this time?Why were you put on probation two years ago? I'm just asking generally to get a better picture of the situation.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They say I did not know how to do my job and so they were going to give me more training and have updated with my performance and none of that has happened
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am at work so can I call later
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Let's continue this evening then or even during the weekend. I am around most of the time.

When you want a call you would click on the call button.

It is certainly best not to communicate further while you are at work.