Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am a British Citizen living in Canada (Alberta). I

Customer Question

I am a British Citizen living in Canada (Alberta). I recently was laid off from the position I came over here for, and now have an offer from a company in the UK, who are prepared to let me work remotely whilst I oversee my son's undergraduate education for the next year. Can I accept this offer and do you know what my tax status would be?
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: No. I was in the process of applying for P.R. with my previous employer but that is now annuled
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no. I have an appointment arranged
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing i can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Would you remain in Canada as a visitor?