How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a British Citizen living in Canada (Alberta). I

Customer Question

I am a British Citizen living in Canada (Alberta). I recently was laid off from the position I came over here for, and now have an offer from a company in the UK, who are prepared to let me work remotely whilst I oversee my son's undergraduate education for the next year. Can I accept this offer and do you know what my tax status would be?
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: No. I was in the process of applying for P.R. with my previous employer but that is now annuled
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no. I have an appointment arranged
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing i can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Would you remain in Canada as a visitor?