Im in Canada, I got into a car accident and I had a pink…

Customer Question
Im in Canada, I...

Im in Canada, I got into a car accident and I had a pink card from the insurance company, yet the policy was cancelled by the insurance company due to not fully paying all the premiums of the contract. So, at the scene of the accident I told the police officer that the insurance company cancelled the insurance for my vehicle and that I did not have a valid policy. The officer disregarded me and continued giving me another ticket for failing to precede safely after a stop sign .he did not give me a summons for no insurance, I was at fault in the accident. So, the plaintiff the man in the vehicle I hit is suing me for damages. Can I claim that I had a valid insurance policy? Because the insurance company with my vehicle says I had no insurance, yet I am claiming I do. Do I have a case?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Its Alberta,Canada.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, Im representing myself.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I also have a power of attorney on myself.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/8/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I don't understand the facts.

Had you been sent a registered letter by the insurance company stating the policy was cancelled?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!