Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My grandson was taken into custody by ministry I need a

Customer Question

My grandson was taken into custody by ministry I need a lawyer and information on how to get custody of him ministry said due to my past history I'm not eligible to get him.i have been sober for three years
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: British Columbia Canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet I was in a family meeting with ministry all day the parents were there also my grandson and his sister were both apprehended
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment I'm very upset can't think I raised my grandson and his mom got him back a year ago she is in a different relationship and she has a child with him and is expecting again ministry does not want the children separated my grandson is three years old
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, thank you for the question. I'm sorry you've been waiting. I do a lot of work with and against the child welfare authorities in Ontario. I was hoping that a BC expert would take your question but I don't know if there are any BC lawyers currently active as experts on the site. I'm happy to discuss your matter with you if you'd like to proceed?

If so that's great. As we discuss please don't use details that can identify you or especially the child. Tell me more about the mother and child and what brought the child back into foster care. Don't sugar coat it. I'm here to help and I need the facts with warts and all.

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 17 days ago.

Has your grandson's placement issue been sorted out yet?