Can a Bailiff come in without any warning at all in a

Customer Question
Can a Bailiff come...

Can a Bailiff come in without any warning at all in a dispute with a landlord The landlord said we were all on the lease that live here but I was the only one on it ever and there are 4 adults. He named 5 but he knows very well that one moved out because of his horrible slum lord behaviour in a mansion we pay premium money for !??

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

BC , Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The landlord is a realThe landlord got a judgement somehow without my knowledge and named my tenants here as well not just me We also still have to go to mediation and landlord tenant board over all this

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Expert on how things work. I have never dealt with this. He wanted me out because he didn't want to fix anything to the point of creating such lies he was able to railroad my case against him with the landlord tenant board. I appealed but I again didn't understand how to properly do all this. He won with solid lies

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/8/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

He was able to get the bailiff to assist because he has a judgment against you.

If you were not served with the claim and so the judgment was obtained by way of default then your best next step is to bring an urgent application to the court to set aside the default judgment based on the fact that you were not served.

So if you don't know how to do this yourself you need to get a lawyer to step in and assist you.

The lawyer will also be able to caution the bailiff about going ahead by making it clear you were never served with the claim.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:
(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?