Our son has had 3 DUIs but want to work in the southern USA…

Customer Question
Our son has had...

Our son has had 3 DUIs but want to work in the southern USA to help rebuild after Hurricanes. Can he get a Canadian passport?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nthing I can think of, thanks.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/8/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

So long as there are not outstanding charges your son will be able to get a passport.

But that doesn't mean he will be able to travel to the US or elsewhere.

Each country has their own policies about who is admissible. The US and Canada share information so they will know about his criminal record.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?