How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ulysses101 Your Own Question
Ulysses101, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 3561
Experience:  11 years experience in Canada family law, plus criminal, civil, and employment
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Ulysses101 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to have an independant audit of my accounts with td

Customer Question

I need to have an independant audit of my accounts with td bank. This audit shojld go back to four years ago and show that the bank or employees or human error has somehow displaced about 80 thousand dollars from my savings and cheauing accounts
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Victoria bc canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Im actually just starting to advocate for a freind who is brain injured but not that badly as to misplace such a large amount of money. She has given me access to her banking records and account details and i have noticed some irregular transactions that obviously she wasnt responsible or aWare of. What is the best course of action to pursue when you believe that someone in the bank is implicite or culpable in an embezzlement scheme or theft over
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just inform him that it is a td bank account in canada
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

I appreciate that you're looking for an idea of where to start, and the answer is with a very reputable accounting firm like KPMG or Deloitte, they should be easy to find and you can contact them to ask for an estimate.

However, I'd like to suggest a more obvious solution. Get as much information from the bank as you can, including cancelled cheques, details of ATM withdrawals, applications for credit cards or lines of credit made to the bank even if denied, and you may well come to one of two conclusions:

Your friend conducted these transactions and is in denial about it or has forgotten (not to be presumptive, but you did say that your friend has an acquired brain injury), or someone close to your friend has been dipping into your friend's assets over the years. I wouldn't jump to the first conclusion that the bank is at fault and that this is a case of TD's embezzlement. I've been asked to look into such matters before, and it has yet to be the bank's fault in my experience.

Does that make sense?

Does that make sense?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 16 days ago.

I can't see that you've been back to the site since you asked your question and I answered. Have you made any progress with the bank?