Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My commonlaw girlfriend of 6 months kicked me out of the

Customer Question

my commonlaw girlfriend of 6 months kicked me out of the house.i spend lots of hours and money on renovations to her home.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ontario Canada
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had a business that I put into her name during that time as.wrll so I could go bankrupt without losing the business. she paid nothing for it but claims the proceeds from the business are hers and what the business paid for in temps Reno s
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

During the time that you lived with her did you pay her rent?

Did your contributions to her home exceed what you would have had to pay for rent if you did not pay rent?

Are you saying your business has value and she now says it is hers?

There are two typos at the end and your post may have been cut off. Can you complete and correct it as I a not sure what you are saying there.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!