I moved into a trailer in a trailer park. It is a rent to…

Customer Question
I moved into a trailer...
I moved into a trailer in a trailer park. It is a rent to own and the park owners hold the mortgage. I put a down payment of $3000 and signed an agreement for a 25 year amortization and have not missed a payment. I signed a separate agreement for the pad rent. Recently the park had some water issues and WITHOUT my consent, removed siding, removed insulation and cut my skirting to dig under the trailer (a 7 ft hole to be exact). They also took down my fence and moved my yard belongings (swingset, canoe etc.). I feel very violated and disrespected so I now want to cancel my deal and move because they did not put things back and did not repair my siding, etc properly. They did not reinsulate properly ( I found pieces of insulation as I was attempting to put things away) and did not replace my grass with seed or sod so I now just have a big muddy sand yard. I want my down payment back as well. What grounds do I have to rescind this deal legally speaking? It is MY home at the end of the day and if a bank came in and wrecked part of my home without consent, would I not be entitled to some sort of relief? It is going to cost me thousands to get my yard back to what it was and have my siding and skirting redone. I look forward to your reply.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/7/2017
Lawyer: attyadvisor,
 replied 11 months ago
attyadvisor

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Lawyer: attyadvisor,
 replied 11 months ago

Your contract should set out the terms for how to terminate the contract. You are correct any damages caused to your property are the responsibility of the party causing the damages.

Where in CA is park located?

The park is located in Prince George, British Columbia. Within the city limits, although we are not on city services. I will have to review my contract in detail, however I am quite certain the only stipulation was that should I not pay, they could repossess. I don't recall a stipulation for me to cancel. I will look into that tonight and be in touch tomorrow. Thanks for your time
Lawyer: attyadvisor,
 replied 11 months ago

My apologies you are in the United States Category. Let me have your question moved to the proper jurisdiction. Thank you.