Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I'm trying to find a lawyer to sue my lawyer who has not

Customer Question

i'm trying to find a lawyer to sue my lawyer who has not represented me in a case
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ontario, Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: all original docs filed for the case. It was dismissed due to my lawyers error and a third party was brought in to have the case restated and it was. My lawyer then just stopped responding to me altogether. I filed a complaint with the law society in oct 2016
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: and they advised me today that my lawyer has failed to respond to them in any way and they are moving it to the next level of a hearing
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.
I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.The lawyers on the site cannot act for you but if you would like I can suggest how to find a lawyer. Let me know if that will help.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can find a lawyer - I'm looking for answers as to what is the best way to approach this situation. How do I find out who the lawyers insurer is? Can I get a lawyer to take the case on contingency based on the blatant breach, and are there any other remedies for me to pursue
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.
It does not matter about the insurance. You cannot contact them. When the lawyer is sued the lawyer has the right to decide if the lawyer wants to put this through their insurance or not. But the insurers for every lawyer in Ontario is the same it is Law pro. It is to the Law Society.It will be very hard to find a lawyer to take your case. Lawyers do not like to sue other lawyers.But, if a lawyer wants to take your case and it is a strong case where there is going to be a lot of damages then a lawyer may very well take this on a contingency fee basis.The best approach is to first find a lawyer that is willing to sue another lawyer and then talk about contingency fees.Does that help as a starting point?Please feel free to provide me with any follow-up questions that you may have. If you do not have any follow-up questions I hope that you feel I have earned a five star rating. However, if you do not feel that I have earned this rating please do not hesitate to let me know how I can better assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will still be here for you and you can ask me further follow-up questions at no further charge.