I have been taken advantage of by a company called Skin

Customer Question
I have been taken...

I have been taken advantage of by a company called Skin Balance. They promote a free trial as advertising but then automatically charge your cc for full amount if you don't contact them within 14 days of it being ordered. Just found that one out! There was no terms and conditions to agree to and they keep saying I agreed to these, but I would have looked through and if I had known for a second that this was not actually a free trial to try, I would have never done it. There is no free anything, as I received the product Sept 1 and was charged the day prior. When I questioned them on this they said its all in the terms and conditions and I have no recourse. They said that I needed to contact them if I didn't recieve this within 5 days. Again they keep going back to these terms and conditions that are clearly not there. I went back to the site and just entered the info again to see if I could see these conditions and they are clearly not there. There is so many people I have seen on line that are truly upset and feel they have been taken advantage of as well with this marketing. The people at the customer care are not helpful at all, and today Sarah S. the supervisor actually hung up before our call was ended. I have seen through social media that there is a lady that did get her money back after calling for 10 days strait and sending emails. I don't want to waste so much energy but do want my $300 USD back that they charged. I was so blown away that they charged this amount first of all and thought it was a hacker who stole my card. I would NEVER agree to pay that kind of money for a skin care product and then all this where I don't even get any kind of a free trial. I believe they are taking advantage of Canadian residents with this kind of false advertising and then automatically charging such a huge amount. Please help me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I called Maine today.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: What confuses you?

I called the customer care line when I was charged, and they would not help so I asked for a supervisor and they called me back today. that is all that has been done.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I told you the issue.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/6/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Debra, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear that you are in a difficult situation.Are you in the US or in Canada?
Canada
Thanks but I will work through this. I cannot afford more charges to my cc. I was under the impression when I first contacted it would be $5 then it showed an additional amount so I quesitoned it and she mentioned there is a 7 day free trial, but this is charging me. so I am a quite leary at this point of any kind of a free trial. thanks anyway.
Please speak to customer service and let me know if you want to proceed after that. I am a practicing lawyer and I do not work for the site and I do not know what you've been charged.
Thank you Debra, I will call them. xo
I contacted them, the only way is through another window like this one and it is an automated response. so unfortunately I'm not getting the answers I was hoping for. Thanks for your time but I truly do not want to be charged the $79 that they want to auto charge if you call me.
There is a button they want me to hit on this page and it says Call Me. and if I do they will charge. if you can help me easily my email is***@******.*** or my cell is(###) ###-#### not sure if you are allowed, but if you can I would appreciate the advice of what to do with this company I originally contacted about.
carrie

Do you want to continue online?

Do you agree to the $5 and the additional amount?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!