I OWN MY HOUSE FOR THE LAST 28-30 YEARS THE LOT IS A CORNER…

I OWN MY HOUSE...

I OWN MY HOUSE FOR THE LAST 28-30 YEARS THE LOT IS A CORNER LOT AND OUR FENCE ON THE WEST SIDE IS SITTING ON CITY PROPERTY SINCE WE BUY THE HOUSE. I WANT TO KNOW IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO BUY FROM THE CITY THE LAND BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE FENCE. OTHER POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE SINCE I HAVE BEEN OCCUPYING THIS PORTION FOR ALMOST 30 YEARS IF THERE IS A RECOURSE TO CLAIM IT AS SQUATTERS RIGHTS. THE PORTION OF LAND HAS NOT FUTURE USE FOR THE CITY.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ontario, CITY OF NORTH YORK

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

NONE WHAT SO EVER

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

FEES AND CONDITIONS

8/23/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that you have this concern.

Have you ever heard from the city about this property all these years?

Did they ever say you could or could not keep the fence there?

Debra, Lawyer
I am looking at the survey which shows the fence on city property. Trying to find title where I remember said something about. but never heard of the city.
ok Debra, I do not have any documentation in favour or against this parcel. Only the official survey shows de dimensions and location.
Phone call session started
Debra, Lawyer