If a tenant has given notice to terminate tenancy, what

happens if they fail to...
If a tenant has given notice to terminate tenancy, what happens if they fail to vacate on the agreed upon date.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Ontario Canada
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a signed agreement from a new tenant for that apartment
8/22/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that you are in a difficult situation.

What are the grounds for eviction?

Not an eviction; the tenant has given notice to vacate tennancy. All their choice.
No call thanks.

OK

If they do no t move out you will have to get an order from the Landlord Tenant Board. You will get the order without a doubt but it won't be immediate as you will need to get a hearing date.

I suggest calling the Board now and asking how to get the date as quickly as possible if this happens.

You would also be able to sue them for any damages you sustain as a result of their failure to move out on time and you can tell them that if you learn then are not planning to move out by the deadline.

Here is a link to the contact information you will need for the Board:

http://www.sjto.gov.on.ca/ltb/contact/

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra, Lawyer
Thanks. You gave me the answer. I Will follow through.

You are very welcome.

Debra, Lawyer