Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I got a ticket for public intoxication, in BC Vancouver,

Hi,I got a ticket for public intoxication, in BC Vancouver, this was my first ticket in any form and a stupid mistake. I paid the fine which was 115$. Is there anything else I need do? I am a working professional hence worried how this will impact me professionally. I travel a lot outside Canada do I need to be worried? Will this impact future background checks? Can I lose my job because of this.Thanks.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Do you have the exact charge in front of you?

What I want to know if this was a provincial charge (which is most likely) or a charge under the Criminal Code.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just requested for a phone call, can we talk.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not know the exact details, I went to the ICBC office (driving license office) to get a BC license, i recently moved from Alberta to BC, so wanted a BC license, they told me there is a pending ticket against you, I could nt recollect what it was so I called the ICBC office, and enquired about it they told me the date when i got the ticket, i remembered i was out with my frnds that night probably was drunk that hence cud nt recall the ticket. so paid the fine, and i asked them if i need to worry abt it, they said it will nt show up any where, i also called alberta office there was nothing, ICBC office told me it was a public intoxication ticket thats all.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ICBC contact also said i can now go n get my new licence since I have paid my ticket.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
also remember the ICBC office said its under liquor license act or something.