How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101395
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is having an affair, she bought a trip for her and

This answer was rated:

My wife is having an affair, she bought a trip for her and her affair partner, am I entitled to half of what she spent on that trip? It's still OUR money until separation right? I am in Alberta Canada
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Alberta, in canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing as for separation yet, we are going to be doing mediation
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

If you are not separated there is nothing you can do about getting the money back.

If you separate you can claim an unequal division of assets if your can show that your spouse dissipated the family assets on this affair.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.