I need to sue my employer who terminated m3 21 year ago in…

Customer Question
I need to sue...

I need to sue my employer who terminated m3 21 year ago in alberta, what time fram can i do that or the statue of limitations has passed

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

InAB CANADA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NOT YEt

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
8/7/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Are you asking about a termination that happened 21 years ago? I am checking to ensure there is no typo as there was in the word before the number.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2 years go
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is typo

Was it over 2 year or under? This is vital.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Less than 2 year

That is fine then. You are not out of time. You have two years from the time you were dismissed to start the claim.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In Alberta, if after 2 years I won't be able to start a claim, right, just confirming.

The limitation period for suing in Alberta is two years from the time the claim was discovered or could have been discovered so in a wrongful dismissal claim it would almost always start to run when you were first dismissed so you have to start the lawsuit within the two years or it will be too late.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?