A person I work with has said and written some

Customer Question
A person I work...

A person I work with has said and written some discriminating comment with regards ***** ***** against me. What can I do about this to protect myself.

Lawyer's Assistant: Was the discrimination based on race, religion, age, gender, disability, or national origin?

None of the above it was that i stole monies from the company.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only her allegations against me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have this in writing.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/6/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this.Are you asking if you can sue this person for defamation?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am asking if I have a right to sue this person.

Yes you absolutely do.

This is a clear case of defamation. When someone tells lies about someone to a third party and that harms the person's reputation the person can sue for damages to their reputation.

The first step is for you or a lawyer acting for you to send them a letter demanding that they cease and desist from making further false statements against you and demanding a written retraction and apology and threaten a lawsuit for damages. If this doesn't help then your next step would be to sue them.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?