How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm separated from my husband for 12 years do not know where

Customer Question

I'm separated from my husband for 12 years do not know where he is children are full grown 35 years of age how do I get divorce in Manitoba ?
JA: Are there any minor children from the relationship? What is the custody situation?
Customer: No at all
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Winnipeg Manitoba
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm 65 years of age on limited income
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

So the issue is that you want to get a divorce and you can't find your husband, right?

So there are no minor or dependant children, I gather. Is there a separation agreement or domestic contract or court order to deal with the property/debt issues between you? When did you separate after how long of being spouses?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 month ago.

I'm here if you want to discuss your situation with me. Any updates?

If you don't need my help in this matter, please don't forget about your deposit to the site (if you made one).