I discovered someone is using my address to open bank

Customer Question
accounts, license in their name...
I discovered someone is using my address to open bank accounts, license in their name without my permission. Should they be reported to the police? What action can I take to disassociate myself from this person and what appears to be fraudulent activity.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
8/6/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Yes you most assuredly should report this to the police.

Report this also to your province's Ministry of Transportation.

And of course to the bank if they don't know.

And the police and bank may ask you to make further reports as well.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?