Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Can you get fired for attendance? If I had new sick days

Customer Question

Hi can you get fired for attendance? If I had new sick days left but was septic in the hospital can they write me up for that?
JA: Was this retaliation? Or based on race, religion, age, gender, disability, or national origin?
Customer: I worked for Kaiser for 10 years as a medical assistant in the Clinic side then I took a job in the hospital side as a patient care technician and within four months was fired. I was treated unfairly from the day I got there and they did not go in the steps of the union as far as disciplinary action. I was treated unfairly from the day I got there and they did not go in the steps of the union as far as disciplinary action. They stated lies saying I took off and would wander off and I never did but they all worked together for many years so they ganged up o they stated lies saying I took off and would wander off and I never did but they all worked together for many years so they ganged up n me.
JA: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?
Customer: I'm in a Union SEIU. I worked part time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you still there?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Were you dismissed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
fired out of nowhere I had no idea. They fired me 5 days before my attendance was to clear.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

What has the union done so far?

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!