Second opinion] I have recently gotten in to an small

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi, I have recently...
Second opinion] Hi,
I have recently gotten in to an small argument with my boyfriend but out of anger I had lied to my friends saying he had abused me, and exaggerated it. When we broke up and I went to get my stuff at his place but my friend who got very scared of what I told her said I should call the police, I didn't say no because I didn't want to get caught that I was lying and she also said that nothing was going to happen and that the police weren't going to do anything. Once the police came I panicked because I realized the seriousness of my lies, and lied again to the police about what happened because I was scared. Once the police left I was really scared of the punishment for lying so I called the investigator's office saying I had no further statements, however afterwards I knew I had to own up to the mistake I made so I left a message saying how I had made a mistake of calling the police and the lies I made under stress. I haven't heard from the police yet but I'm really scared that they're going to charge him for something he hasn't done.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
8/4/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.