Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Second opinion] I have recently gotten in to an small

Customer Question

Second opinion] Hi,
I have recently gotten in to an small argument with my boyfriend but out of anger I had lied to my friends saying he had abused me, and exaggerated it. When we broke up and I went to get my stuff at his place but my friend who got very scared of what I told her said I should call the police, I didn't say no because I didn't want to get caught that I was lying and she also said that nothing was going to happen and that the police weren't going to do anything. Once the police came I panicked because I realized the seriousness of my lies, and lied again to the police about what happened because I was scared. Once the police left I was really scared of the punishment for lying so I called the investigator's office saying I had no further statements, however afterwards I knew I had to own up to the mistake I made so I left a message saying how I had made a mistake of calling the police and the lies I made under stress. I haven't heard from the police yet but I'm really scared that they're going to charge him for something he hasn't done.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.