Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Was my partner for 11 yrs and the last two were living

Customer Question

Was my partner for 11 yrs and the last two were living together. He left me and during those two years I financially supported and emotionally. He was in a car accident two yrs and should be getting his settlement soon. I'm I entitled to any of it?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

You are not entitled to any of the settlement. Even if you had not separated until after he received the settlement accident payouts are not shared.

I wish I could have given you a different answer.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?