Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

An assistant branch manager of my bank went into my bank

Customer Question

Hi Tom. An assistant branch manager of my bank went into my bank account without authorization and put my money on hold. This person was also a landlord of my former residence. I paid my rent with post dated cheques from a different bank. As she was upset I left after renting for 2 years from her, I think she found.out I had an account at the bank she worked at and was trying to steal my money. The amount she put a hold on was $1420.00 and this was the exact amount of rent I paid her. The bank investigated and found out what she done, have admitted she was in the wrong and asked me if I want compensation. How much would be reasonable to ask them for.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: B.C. Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I talked to the police and reported this to the bank and that started their investigation
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this.Did you suffer financial damages as a result?
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The bank took the hold off so I have my money. I believe my privacy has been violated as this person went into my personal account, put a hold on my funds so I could not buy groceries or necessaties. I could not pay the sec dep or rent at my new address and had to borrow the funds.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

That is terrible but aside from the privacy issue what actual damages did you suffer?

Did you suffer any financial damages?

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Thanks!