How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex wife and I separated and divorced approx 10 years ago.

Customer Question

My ex wife and I separated and divorced approx 10 years ago. No spousal or child support was issued and we have the kids 50/50. Can she come after me now after years of surving on her own?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ontario Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing has been done. I am hearing reports that she may be coming after my girlfriend and I
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can she seek support using our income combined ( girlfriend and I)?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that it sounds like you may be in a difficult situation.

How long were you married for and if you lived together first, for how long?

Why would she does this 10 years later?

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.