My ex wife and I separated and divorced approx 10 years ago.

Customer Question
My ex wife and...

My ex wife and I separated and divorced approx 10 years ago. No spousal or child support was issued and we have the kids 50/50. Can she come after me now after years of surving on her own?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ontario Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing has been done. I am hearing reports that she may be coming after my girlfriend and I

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can she seek support using our income combined ( girlfriend and I)?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
8/3/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that it sounds like you may be in a difficult situation.

How long were you married for and if you lived together first, for how long?

Why would she does this 10 years later?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor