I rent a room to a 68 year old man whose health has declined…

Customer Question
I rent a room...

I rent a room to a 68 year old man whose health has declined to the point where he cannot walk and is unable to get to the bathroom so he is urinating on the floor of his room. he expects me to take care of him and serve him. I am elderly myself and have my own serious health problems. He says if I call an ambulance he will refuse to go to the hospital. What are my legal obligations. I live in Quebec

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

I live in Quebec in Montreal

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think that is it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
8/3/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am saddened to hear this.

Does he have family you can call?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!