When can you sue for tresspassing, No complaint has been…

Customer Question
When can you sue...

When can you sue for tresspassing

Lawyer's Assistant: Has a complaint been filed and served? What are the claims in the case?

No complaint has been issued. My husband worked land(put in a crop) last year for a person. He assumed that he was allowed to do so this year. He planted a 6 acre field and apparently was not suposed to. No damage to the land.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

In southern Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The person was upset and has issued a cost for using the land or she will sue for trespassing. The amount of the rent exceeds the of the crope.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
8/3/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

So you are saying he has the consent to use the land last year for his own purposes so he assumed he could this year without first asking and now they want rent for the land he used without their consent?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor