I need to know what will happen if I go into court on Aug 16…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know what will happen if I go into court on Aug 16 without a lawyer for a guardianship order against Cfs who have temperary but want pgo because my daughter has left the province she went back to Ontario to go to court for another matter

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any papers been filed in family court?

Yes the TGO is in place and return date is Aug 16 to fight for guardianship the bio dad of one child filed an order also but stated to Cfs that he won't be raising them his sister wants to raise them even the child that's not blood related

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I'm in Alberta canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

CFS have obtained personal information on me that I never consented to

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
8/3/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that you are in a difficult situation.

The facts are not clear just yet. Could you please start at the beginning and explain them?

Thanks

My daughter was in Alberta her two children were taken from her and placed in care there was conflict with myself and her she was yelling at me the Cfs got a TGO for 6 months now it goes back to court Aug 16 my daughter has left for Ont and has returned but not to stay she is back in Ont I have a gaurdinship order in court and no legal representation and the bio dad has one but has stated he won't be raising the 2 year old boy but wants his sister and her husband to raise them I say them because I also have a granddaughter that's not blood related to the bio dad of my grandson CFS don't like me and are not supporting me the obtained a physc report without my concent and are using my learning disabilitie against me and the fact that I was in an abusive marriage for 27 years and had 5 kids of my own there but left 5 years ago they said I would put my children in that situation again and that will never happen I have 30 before supervised access and 30 minutes after my 3 days a week for 4 hours at a time my daughter wants me to have the children she doesn't have a say though

Have you checked to see if you are eligible for legal aid?

I can't get legal aid I have no money and too many assets

What you will have to prove is that what you are asking for is in the best interests of the children.

You can try and prove to the court that you can provide a safe and secure environment for the children who will have consistency and that you will protect them and that you are not in a situation of abuse and the children would therefore never be at risk for being in a home where abuse was going on.

There is no reason for the court to say the children should not be with you because you were a victim of abuse or because you have a learning disability.

And you can make it clear that you would always put your grandchildren ahead of your daughter if it comes down to that.

Does that make sense?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?