Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My in-laws have just moved out of a rental property in

Customer Question

My in-laws have just moved out of a rental property in Ontario (yesterday) and the landlord is claiming the property is not clean and floors are not damaged - they dispute this - how can they address this?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Ontario
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I dont think so - I live in Australia but they are elderly (70's) as I think is the landlord. They received an email from the landlord making the claims - I was hoping they can require a move out inspection with a third party present? can that happen after the move out?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont have any more info yet - just hoping for some general guidance that I can send them to
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.
I am sorry to hear this.How long do they live there for?Did they happen to take photos when they moved in and did they take them before they moved out?