How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101457
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex is not following our agreement. I do not get child

Customer Question

my ex is not following our agreement. I do not get child support under the agreement that he would pay 65% of the children's expenses and I pay 35% he is not paying. For example, our one son has braces, my ex is to maintain health benefits (as stated in our separation agreement) anything not covered again is to be split 65% him 35% me and he isn't paying me
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ontario cabada canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't know how to go about that.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that he doesn't follow a lot of the agreement and I am list on how to enforce
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

There is at typo near the end of your post.

Did you mean to say you are at a loss as how to enforce it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't know how to get him to follow the agreement
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't enforce it and he does whatever he wants
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

You would go to court and file it and then it becomes a court order.

Then you would register the order with the FRO and they would enforce it.

If he breaches other provisions you could also seek a finding of contempt.

Here is a link to the information you need about enforcing the agreement:

It is simple and you can do this on your own.

And here is a link to the FRO where you can see how they work:

You can do all of this on your own and it will work.

Then the government will take over and enforce the provisions of the agreement relating to support.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?