I am international student, in Quebec, I want to ask

Customer Question
Hi good evening Lawyer's...

Hi good evening

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am international student

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In Quebec

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to ask something about renewing my CAQ in Quebec

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer
Please let me know the basic facts. Then let me know your question.Thank you
Hi, i was studying master of Economics for one year in Quebec and i have one more year validity of CAQ and study permit. For the rest of my studies, I changed my program to graduate diploma in business administration which is one year program, while my past program was 2 year program. In my case it means my study will finish at the same time that my CAQ and study permiti finishs. But as i changed my program, do i have to change my CAQ or not?

You do not have to apply for a new CAQ if your change universities or programs as long as you meet the following conditions:

a) Your program of studies is the same length as your original program;
b) Your original CAQ was issued for university studies;
c) You do not change level of studies (e.g. Bachelor to Masters).

So you do need a new CAQ because the length of the program has changed.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?