Do US citizens need health requirements to visit Canada,

Customer Question
Do US citizens need...

Do US citizens need health requirements to visit Canada, besides the passport and drivers license?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Was any immigration paperwork filed with the government?

Is not me, my older sister and her daughter are coming to visit us tomorrow for ONE WEEK only. They live in US and have all they assets there, children, grandchildren, sisters, etc. etc.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer?

No, they just found out a while a go and gave me a call. They have come to Canada in the past and never have had any problem. Usually all what they need is a passport, visa and drivers license.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. that's all. Thank you. According to the lady of the travel agency that we always use for our own travels, she says that this is the first time that hears that since the relations between Canada and US are very good. She was the one who recommended me to get in touch with a Canadian Embassy.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
7/29/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

No they do not.

It is not at all the case that visitor's from the US must be cleared medically.

All visitor's from the US need is to be able to prove, if asked, that they will return. So your sister and her daughter will not have any concerns about that.

US citizens visit all the time, especially in the summer with no concerns at all.

That travel agent doesn't seem to know what she is talking about. Why would you speak to the Canadian Embassy even if this is a concern given you are in Canada? How would that make sense to contact a Canada visa office outside of Canada when you live in Canada? I think she is very confused.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?