My girl friend has come to Montreal on Feb 14 from Peru to…

Customer Question
My girl friend has...

My girl friend has come to Montreal on Feb 14 from Peru to help her daughter after her divorce and the rstranged husband who did not help or see their 7 years old daughter..

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

She now wants to start her immigration papers...she is 63 years old..

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

The daughter has moved in eith her own boyfriend with her child ..she is living in social assistance...and says that until she gets her citizenship in one year from now she cannot be of any assistance in the process of getting her mother her appcation heard.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No lawyer has been contacted yet on this matter...i was in fact looking to get a consultation to know how i could help out if possible..she is now on a tourist visa till june 26 2018

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/29/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer
I am sorry for the very long delay. I believe your question has been placed on the wrong list until now.I am a lawyer in Canada and happy to assist you.Are you A Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada? If so are you planning on marrying your girlfriend or are you living together in a common-law relationship?
Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor