I got five year criminal record after the five years is the…

Customer Question
Hi i got five...

Hi i got five year criminal record after the five years is the record clean

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Im in canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just want to know if my record will be erased

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/29/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Were you a minor when charged?

Did you receive a discharge?

No i whas 67YEARS FOR A MISTCHIEF MADE FIVE DAYS IN JAIL 800$FINE AND5YEARS CRIMINAL RECORD ALL I WANT TO NOW IF AFER THE FIVE YEARS IM FREE E
WHIT OUT A RECORD

Do you mean 5 years probation?

No a criminal record

What document do you have that says you have a record for 5 years?

Its ok forget it illfind someone else for an answer

I have the answer. Do you want me to go ahead or not?

No thank you bad lawyer

Ha ha ha.

You are confused because there is no possibility that you were told you had a record for 5 years. I figured out what you were actually told and was going to share it with you, sort out your confusion and then explain the law and how to rectify the situation going forward.

But I am a bad lawyer so you are free of me. Good move!

No thank you ill get a good lawyer from montreal
Your a scam i didnt even authorized the 42$only i i would get an answer to my question witch i never got
Lawyer: CaptanLaw, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
CaptanLaw
CaptanLaw, Lawyer

The current law with respect to pardons (now called "record suspensions") in Canada is that, if the Crown treated your case as a "summary conviction" matter, you have to wait 5 years before applying for a record suspension. If your matter was treated by indictment, then you must wait 10 years before you have to apply.

There are a variety of mischief offences in the Criminal Code. You would have to order a copy of the court information to confirm whether the Crown treated your case summarily or by indictment.

For all sentences that involve criminal records, like a fine, the criminal record does not automatically disappear and you must apply for a record suspension. Only if you received an Absolute Discharge or Conditional Discharge as a sentence will you NOT have to apply for a record suspension.

A good summary of this info can be found at the following link:

http://johnhoward.on.ca/resources/record-suspensions-pardons/

CaptanLaw
CaptanLaw
CaptanLaw, Lawyer