How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was charged yesterday with intent to commit theft

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: my son was charged yesterday with intent to commit theft under $5000, breaking and entering and mischief. He was there when a few boys broke into a school portable. He did not participate. He turned 18 this year.
JA: Have charges been filed? Is there a prior criminal record?
Customer: No prior record and yes, charges have been filed.
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Hello, my son was chargesd yesterday with intent to break and enter under $5000, and mischief. He was there but did not participate. He just turned 18. We are in the Provence of Ontario. He as no criminal record.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He told the police he did not do it. They said there were witnesses. One boy had an iPad that was stolen in his possession. My son did not take anything nor did he break in. It was a school portable and their were many kids hanging around.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

How can help you today with these charges?

Has your son been interviewed by the police?

What paperwork have you received, if anything?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 2 months ago.

Did this criminal charge regarding your son get resolved? I'm here if you want to discuss the issue or update your question.