My son was charged yesterday with intent to commit theft…

Customer Question
My son was charged...

My son was charged yesterday with intent to commit theft under $5000, breaking and entering and mischief. He was there when a few boys broke into a school portable. He did not participate. He turned 18 this year.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have charges been filed? Is there a prior criminal record?

No prior record and yes, charges have been filed.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Hello, my son was chargesd yesterday with intent to break and enter under $5000, and mischief. He was there but did not participate. He just turned 18. We are in the Provence of Ontario. He as no criminal record.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He told the police he did not do it. They said there were witnesses. One boy had an iPad that was stolen in his possession. My son did not take anything nor did he break in. It was a school portable and their were many kids hanging around.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Canada Law
7/29/2017
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

How can help you today with these charges?

Has your son been interviewed by the police?

What paperwork have you received, if anything?

Did this criminal charge regarding your son get resolved? I'm here if you want to discuss the issue or update your question.