Can a car dealer sell a car that has been signed off on

Customer Question
Can a car dealer...

Can a car dealer sell a car that has been signed off on check list but air bags&seat belts will not work in accident

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Bc canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No only mercedies repair costs

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I have dealer repair this at his expense?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/29/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you saying the dealer said they worked before you bought them but you then found out the airbags will not work?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

I am saying that they have a check list & neither seal belt or air bags where on list
no phone call
please answer question not increase charges

Please clarify the facts. Do you mean that before you bought the car they provided an inspection check list and these items were not left blank but were actually omitted from the list so you believed everything was OK when it was not?

This seems highly deceptive. By doing this they mis-represented the state of the car to you. As your experts you relied on them and they failed to tell you that your car needed to have money put into it. They let you buy it thinking it was fit for driving and it was not.

I suggest you send the a letter by Registered Mail setting out the facts and demanding that they take the care and repair the seat belts and air bags at their expense and threaten a lawsuit.

You can make the repairs if they refuse and then sue the in Small Claims court for reimbursement for the costs.

If it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on this site again and I could assist you further.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?