How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101394
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister resides in the county of Yarmouth,N.S. and

Customer Question

My sister resides in the county of Yarmouth,N.S. and currently owns 100+acres. There is a small parcel of land in her property that is owned by another. There is a dirt access road to the property. The access road was grandfathered into the deal. The person living there has now taken it upon herself to widen the road, doubled it actually. It is so wide that now the power lines have to be moved several feet out on each side for safety. My sister has now been summoned to court in the next 10 days, because the lady is trying to force my sister to pay for the widening and the moving of all the power poles. She is desperate to find a lawyer to aid her. She never agreed to this and now all these vehicles have damaged her private property and they are trying to make her financially responsible for the monies to pay for the road and the moving of all the power lines. She is beside herself.
JA: Is there an easement or public access on the property line?
Customer: no
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Port Maitland, Yarmouth Co. N.s.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Unfortunately, my sister suffers from PTSD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. She is a veteran. She easily rattles.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

The lawyers on this site cannot act for your site cannot act for your sister but if you want me to suggest some ways of finding a lawyer in NS let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please. She has pursued lawyers in our home town, but no one deals with it except the plaintiffs lawyer
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

She may need to look to the closest larger city.

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-**** or(###) ###-####in the Halifax area.

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?