How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is involved in changing the deed to a house from joint

Customer Question

What is involved in changing the deed to a house from joint ownership to one owner.
JA: Have you talked to a real estate attorney about this?
Customer: Have difficulty finding a real estate lawyer who can complete this task in a short period of time
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: farm-like area in ontario
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is required by my husbands bankruptcy lawyer and a bank for CHIP mortgage. Referred to in our separation agreement
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that it sounds like there is a difficult situation.

Are you asking how your spouse can transfer title to you?

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.


Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am not able to open the document you sent to the site. I don't even know what it is for.

Please just explain what information you need from me.