Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

A charitable organisation wants to tear down existing

Customer Question

A charitable organisation wants to tear down existing commercial and residential buidings in order to build a gigantic shelter with other services.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Ontario, Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have received an application for an official plan amendment, rezoning and site plan
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am concerned with security with the shelter for male occupants and the decrease in property value
JA: Have you talked to a real estate attorney about this?
Customer: no
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 333 Montréal Road
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying you are concerned about your own property value and for your safety because it will be a shelter for men?

Did the document set out your next step?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The city document ie an application for an official plan amendment, rezoning and site plan, asks for my comments by tomorrow.
I find it interesting that some of my neighbours (I live in a high rise) did not receive this information.
The document states that if I wish to notified of the decision of Council on the proposed zoning by-law I must make a written request. I do not want the result, I want to avoid the zoning changePS my office e-mail is***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is supposed to be free legal advice, how come I am receiving amounts to be charged
Latest one $79 is it CAN or US?
I do not want to spend $79
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

This is not a free site. I am sorry if you were left with that impression.

Do you want to speak to customer service about what you are being charged as I don't know what that is as I don't work for the site?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want to speak to customer service
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Please contact them. I don't work for the site so I don't have any dealings with them myself.