Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I just got a police warning like few days ago. Currently I

Customer Question

Hello I just got a police warning like few days ago. Currently I am 17 who lives in Montreal. It was my first warning and I told them address and name and birthday. Does police record cause penalty of getting green card in canada?
JA: What is your official status? Was any immigration paperwork filed with the government?
Customer: studied visa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer?
Customer: no.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know if single police record will cause problem of getting green card in canada
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you asking about whether this warning will harm your chances of obtaining permanent residency status?

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.
Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.Thanks!