Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

IN THE CASE OF A DESEASED PARENT WITH 3 SIBBLINGS TO

Customer Question

IN THE CASE OF A DESEASED PARENT WITH 3 SIBBLINGS TO INHERIT, DOE THE EXECUTOR HAVE TO APROCH AND ASK IF THERE IS ANYTHING IN THE PERSONAL EFFECTS THAT THEY MAY WANT TO HAVE OR POURCHASE FROM THE ESTATE.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: BRITISH COLUMBIA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I HAVE A COPY OF THE WILL BUT NOLTHING HAS BEEN FILED YET AS STILL SELLING AUTOMOBILES
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: WHAT MY RIGHTS ARE IN THIS INSTANCE
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry for your loss.

The executor does not have to do this unless the Will says that is required. If not then the executor has the right to act as they see fit in terms of gathering the assets, paying off the taxes and debts and given out the funds etc.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?