Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I'm being evicted because I didn't pay rent, there was a

Customer Question

Hi, I'm being evicted because I didn't pay rent, there was a hearing on June 28 I was ordered to pay the owing rent by July 10 which I could not, the landlord then filed with the sheriffs office to evicted me. How long do I have before they come and what will happen?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Toronto Ontario
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I was talking to the supper independent on Saturday and he told me that the sheriff will be coming soon
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing I can think of right now
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

The sheriff's office is very busy and things don't happen right away. In most cases they will attend within two weeks or so.

In my view to save yourself the discomfort and embarrassment of being physically evicted and also to not have to be so uncertain you should move out at once.

Does that help even though it is not what you were hoping to hear?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?