How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101406
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The new gardening committee appears at a water faucet just

Customer Question

The new gardening committee appears at a water faucet just outside of our ground level apartment widow up to six times a day. We are surprised at times and annoyed most. What are my rights ?
JA: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: BC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Just wrote a letter to the president
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do they have a right to do this ?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you a tenant or is this a strata?

Have you asked them to move?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am an owner in a strata.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I requested they minimize this they ignored me.
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

And they are all owners as well, correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
all owners
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Volunteers I believe
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

So all owners owe each other the right to peaceful enjoyment of their homes. This is in the by-laws.

And the Council has the obligation to enforce the by-laws.

So you've ask them and they ignore you and so now your next step is to bring this to the Council.

I suggest that you write them a letter, setting out the facts and making it clear that you are coming to them because the committee has ignored your requests and ask that they enforce the by-law and ensure you have peaceful enjoyment of your home.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?