Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Am I in the right place? No, I would like to know if a

Customer Question

My name is*****: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm Canadian....Am I in the right place?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know if a Canadian Lawyer is presuming a case against Tomoxifen a Harmone Theraphy against Breast Cancer?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry that it sounds like you may be in a difficult situation.

I just did some research and there is no class action lawsuit in Canada against the manufacturers of Tamoxifen.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No it does not answer my question....I want to know if there is a Lawyers Firm that would be willing to take on a class action suit against Tomoxifen and my 2 strokes?
Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

It depends on the facts and whether there are many others who have suffered the same side effects. There has to be a large class to make a class action lawsuit worthwhile.

But even if there is not it doesn't mean that a lawyer would not represent you. A lawyer would do so even on an contingency fee basis (so they only get paid if you win) if your facts were strong.

So your best next step would be to consult with a lawyer face to face. You should bring your medical records with you if possible.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What would you need Debra? To make a strong case? It has been verbally expressed that my Strokes where caused by the Tomoxifen. But specialist do not clearly state in most reports that was the conclusion.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Debra
Are you answering me?
Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

There would need to be evidence that you were never warned that this was a possible side effect but that this happened as a result of the medication

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?