Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Say I have lived in a mobile home that was given to me

Customer Question

Say I have lived in a mobile home that was given to me without receits. By the daughter of the decenced owner (step mother) how can I transfer it in my name. The owner has been dead for eight years
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. And I have lived here for 6 years
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Did the daughter transfer the mobile home into her name before giving you the home?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

She would have to do that now.

I assume she was the executor of her mother's estate so using that authority she has to transfer title into her name. Then she can transfer title from herself to you.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They never had it transfered either. Now she is dead
Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.

Is the daughter dead as well? Is that what you are saying?

Expert:  Debra replied 2 months ago.
Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.Thanks!