How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son, living in Alberta, has a consent judgement against a

Customer Question

My son, living in Alberta, has a consent judgement against a former employer from Saskatchewan, and 1 month after the consent judgement was granted, the defendant shut down the company and has personally moved to BC. Can we go after the past directors of the company to collect on this Consent Judgement? it is for $12, 800.00 for wages not paid. The defendant has done everything possible to delay the proceeding every step of the way.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This is in Alberta, Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: All required paperwork has been filed, and we have attempted to Garnishee his bank, but there are no accounts in the company name anymore.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do you deal with Canadian law?
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Do you know if the director/shareholder moved assets from the old company to the new company?

Expert:  Debra replied 3 months ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.