How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Freudman Your Own Question
Daniel Freudman
Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 1336
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Daniel Freudman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

You I was charged with mischief and obstruct police x2

Customer Question

YouI was charged with mischief and obstruct police x2 because I wouldn't give my wallet but I did give them my name. I was recently cheated on by my spouse and we have separated. She was rubbing something in my face about another guy and I went to her new residence and we got into a heated argument I had been consuming alcohol there was no violence I cant afford a lawyer cause we are in so much debt and we a have a no contact order but have two kids and share custody. What can I do about these charges
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 3 months ago.

If you don't have any money then you can try applying for Legal Aid (i.e. government-funded legal counsel). If you are granted a Legal Aid certificate, they will cover the costs of your legal defence so you needn't pay a lawyer out of your own pocket. If you aren't eligible for Legal Aid and cannot afford a lawyer on your own, assuming no lawyer will take on your case for free, you will have to self-represent. These means going to court and entering into a guilty plea, or if you want to fight the charges, attending the trial and doing it yourself (i.e. questioning witnesses on your own).

Hopefully that is of assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I know that want to know how to fight it
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 3 months ago.

I do not have any of the disclosure or other evidence in relation to the case, I'm uncertain as to how I can assist you in telling you "how to fight it". We cannot give legal advice on this site, only legal information.