How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to know if my wife who I am separated from can take

Customer Question

i want to know if my wife who I am separated from can take my children out of province on a vacation with the man she is seeing. She has not told me who this man is. I know my wife has had a problem with coke and I am scared this guy is a dealer.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am In Alberta Canada right now but my kids are in Nova Scotia.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I know she has been speaking to a lawyer but she wont even give me his name or anything as well.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that i can think of right now.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 12 days ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

Is there a court order, or maybe a separation agreement or domestic contract, in place? Anything in writing about custody and access and mobility rights?

You're in Alberta and your ex and children are in Nova Scotia? Is that where each of you are normally resident? And she wants to take them out of Nova Scotia?

Do you know where she's taking them and for how long?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 2 days ago.

I didn't get a reply from you, and it seems unusual in these circumstances. Did you get some help for this family issue from another source, maybe you got a lawyer of your own?

Related Canada Law Questions