My daughter left Canada for a pharmacologist conference in

Customer Question
Berlin Germany without a valid...
my daughter left Canada for a pharmacologist conference in Berlin Germany without a valid PR card. Application for a renewal card was in process for 65 days before leaving. PRC didn't arrive before She left, but she had to go to the conference to represent her faculty in the University of Alberta where is she doing her masters. Now she is in Germany and would like to return to Canada
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Alberta Canada
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
7/14/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

She can apply for a travel document. Here is a link to the information she will need:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

I found the answer myself on the internet before I emailed you. I thought you know more tha to give me a email address from the immigration office. Please cancel all the activities. I can't find the place to cancel your service even if is written on your web side.
best regards
Stefan Back

I didn't give you an email address. I pointed you to the page that shows how to get the travel document. I also answered you in half an hour though you took 6.5 hours to get back to me.

I don't work for the site and cannot cancel a thing. I am a senior lawyer and just log in the way you do and see a list of questions and choose which to answer.

I am surprised that you seem to think I should be working for free. Most customers appreciate getting help like this quickly, without having to make an appointment and go to an office and for a very low fee for legal information.

$79 for a email address (pointed you to the page) is a good job for a 5 min work. I'm a professional engineer and work for $80 an hour. Thank you for the generosity.
Stefan Back

The $79 was for a call that did not happen.

Also, I don't work for the site If you rate me positively I get $24. My hourly rate in private practice is more than 30 times that.

What you want me to do? Pay you $79 and the site $64, so that info you sent to me was $143 expensive. Would you pay that amount if that info were provided to yourself? Be honest and answer me.
Regards

I am not asking you pay anything. What you pay the site has nothing to do with me.

I am simply asking that you rate me positively and hoping you don't ask for a refund for the question price.

For sure you would not pay for a call and you don't have a membership as that much I can see so you would not be paying for that.

If you were first charged $64 I assume that is the charge for this question. I honestly don't know for sure. The site doesn't share any information with us. We are just show a list of questions and what the price is in terms of what we will get paid and that is it.

I am not trying to be unfair at all. I don't want you to pay too much.

I was just asking for a positive rating and hoping to be paid for the answer for just this one question.

the site has already taken money out of my master card acct. You are requesting $79 additional to whom and why?

I am not asking for a penny.

I am just asking for you to rate me.

The money they took out was for this question.

It may be that they wanted you to take a call and that is $79. I was not offering the call. The site offers this service but I do not.

I am not asking for any payments from you. I don't know you at all. I work through the site the way you communicate with me.

If you give me a 3,4 or 5 star rating then the site will pay me the $24. But the ratings also affect my stats on the site so the higher the rating the better for me in terms of my standing on the site.

I do want to thank you for taking the time to figure this out. I truly appreciate it.

Debra, Lawyer